Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Arizona Sunrises/Sunsets

One of my favorite things in this life is being blessed with Arizona sunrises and Arizona sunsets. My family lives in the Valley of the Sun and most years we are lucky if we get more than 50 days of clouds and even less with rain. I love my sunshine and don't know what I'd do without it.

The best part is when the sunlight is reflecting off the pollution in the air and the view of the desert landscape as the sky turns from a sometimes blinding white/blue light, into every shade imaginable of yellow, red, orange, and pink moving into the darker shades of blue and purple as the sun moves below the horizon. Or as it rises above the horizon moving from the inky blackness to shades of purple which quickly move into the yellows, oranges, reds and slowly becomes the sometimes blinding white/blue light that gets us through our days.

We get the most amazing picturesque views most mornings and evenings...people come from all around the world to capture these images on film...and every picture taken, each day or evening are all unique. They have similarities but no sunrise or sunset is ever quite the same as the last.

This leads me to believe ever more firmly in the Blessed Trinity, our Creator, who reveals Himself to us each day through the world around us. All we have to do as a people is Stop, Look and Listen...just like we're taught as children with regards of how to cross the street...we need to learn this lesson and hand it on to our children with regards to having a relationship with God. If we stop, look and listen we discover that we are never alone, He is always with us and for this we are forever blessed.

Thank you my Lord for giving me Arizona sunsets to say goodnight to the day and the days worries as I drift off to sleep. Thank you my Lord for giving me Arizona sunrises to say good morning to the next day of my life and to remind me everyday that you are right here by my side. I love you and all that you have created for us here on Earth.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment