Saturday, June 2, 2012

True Story






There is nothing more frustrating and exciting (at the same time) then being interrupted by your children in a moment of what could be marital intimacy. Below what will be shared is a true moment in my home.

I wake with my husband, he tells me, "I'm running late."  I respond, "So I shouldn't join you in the shower?" He says, "You can come if you want." He makes sure the kids are set up with cartoons and cereal, I jump in the shower ahead of him. We do our usual showering and then things begin to get a little steamy...

Next thing we know, before anything other than a good morning kiss takes place, our oldest comes in asking where mommy is...dad says I'm not sure, maybe in the potty...I'm trying my hardest not to laugh. We commence kiss and then HT is back in saying, "Dad, she's not in there, the alarm daddy the alarm."

Andy asks me if I hear the alarm, which at that moment I don't...we resume said kiss thinking we're clear...naive parents!

Our middle child enters the bathroom saying, "Daddy, it's too loud." At this point Andy hears the house alarm in full force, says, "Oh, crap they set it off." as he grabs a towel and leaves me...I sigh, do a final rinse, grab a towel of my own and start to step out of the tub when HT peeks around the corner, " Mommy, I WAS LOOKING FOR YOU!"

I tell him, "I was hiding." Step out of the shower and holler for my phone since I know the alarm company will be calling to make sure we don't need police assistance.

As husband and wife we don't always get to enjoy each other like we used to...as a matter of fact 9 times out of 10 we are simply under siege and we have to maneuver very cunningly to not be seen as we share our love...God Bless parenthood!

No comments:

Post a Comment