Thursday, July 12, 2012

Beyond


My sister and I went to the hospital early this morning. My brother had a massive headache and had already been given quite a few medications and although he may not remember we went in to pre-op to let him know we were present and that we weren't going anywhere and that he would be okay. We caught up with other family members and after hours of waiting...

 the surgeon came out told us that the surgery was 'cake' (so to speak) and that he was able to remove all but 5% of the mass. He let us know what it looked like, the cystic portion being "popped" (ie. of no concern) and the solid mass being sent out for pathology. The 5% left was solid mass but he "didn't think" was cancerous. My brother woke, was able to talk and his strength was good. The power of prayer is a miraculous thing. I breathe a sigh of relief but I know that we aren't out of the woods just yet. We must wait for the lab results...a week or maybe more. 

Home again I get a call, my sister from California, asking what is going on with my brothers house...a message posted on facebook has concerned her. I tell her I don't know since I am no longer on facebook but that I'll investigate and get back to her. I call my sister-in-law...oh lord, this poor family can't catch a break...their house has been in foreclosure for a few months but after getting laid off, my brothers' health issues, and subsequent surgery she returns home for some much needed sleep to find out they have to vacate the property by the 16th...like three days from now. To say that she is beyond stressed out is a serious understatement. The poor girl is about to lose it, literally. I tell her that her only job is to get some sleep that I will take care of the other arrangements. I call have a dozen people, coordinate with my 'dad' and we come up with a plan of action. Saturday we will all meet up, pack and move their belongings to a storage unit and they can stay with my mom or other friends until they are back on their feet. 

Simple enough...but I know beyond the surgery, which I am so thankful for things going as quickly and as well as they did, beyond the pending move, there is still a beyond that is unknown for my family...a beyond that we may not be prepared for or are completely prepared for...it is beyond the threshold, hidden from us for today...

What does the beyond hold in store for us? 

No comments:

Post a Comment