Friday, July 13, 2012

FAMILY


During this time of crisis in my family I have to pause and count my blessings. My brother is sick and in the hospital, his wife is out of work but is scheduled to start a new job Monday (blessing), they are losing their house but brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, friends niece and nephew are all pulling together to make the move or give them a place to stay (blessing), and my husband...is my rock...has stepped up to take care of our boys, our house, all the mundane repetitive little things (making sure everyone is fed including me) and helping with the move, supporting me etc...(HUGE BLESSING)!!!!

It is true that Love begets Love. Every kindness that my brother has ever shown is being returned to him tenfold and he isn't fully aware of it just yet. There are so many people around the world praying for him and his family right now. I say around the world because not only is my local parish praying for them but he has been put on a prayer chain that reaches clear across the planet. Through actions that he can see and those he can't he and his family are being lifted up and I am thankful.

I am thankful for my sisters, the one who is here in town and those who are in a different state. For my other brother and his friends for pitching in and giving up their Saturday, last minute, to do a move in AZ in the middle of summer. I am thankful for my niece and nephew who are giving up some of their summer vacation to help tend my little ones so I can be free to make phone calls, be active in the move on Saturday, free to visit my brother. I am so thankful for the extended family...most of all, just above my husband, I am thankful, to God. This may not be the best situation but I know He is at work in all of our lives and it is all for the greater good, even if we don't understand it right now. I am thankful that He is in charge and that I can simply put all of this, the sadness, the worry, the gratitude, the joy, everything in His hands and whatever happens I know we all will be taken care of. I am thankful for the family, immediate, extended and otherwise that He has given me...I could do none of this without Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment