Sunday, December 5, 2010

I Believe...


"Know you what it is to be a child?...It is to believe in love, to believe in loveliness, to believe in belief; it is to be so little that the elves can reach to whisper in your ear, it is to turn pumpkins into coaches, and mice into horses, lowness into loftiness, and nothing into everything, for each child has its fairy godmother in its soul."--Francis Thompson

I do believe in fairies, I do, I do!!

One thing in my life I have control over and am very proud to hold dear to me...my imagination, and with it I am determined to remain a child at heart til the day I am called home.
With nothing more than my mind I am able to travel to distant lands.
Some that truly exists in this world and some that are only accessible to those who believe.
I have been known to speak with animals...not dogs and cats but hoofalummps and whizletgoords and while the first you think sounds familiar it is not what you are thinking I can assure you.
I can travel only backwards through time and space and yes I can fly without flapping my arms or twirling my legs.
I have met the prettiest princesses and the most handsome princes that have ever or will ever be and I know what they dine on in Diddletaytee.
In my world of make believe
there really is nothing that I can't achieve or bring into being.
My children too seem to have this great gift and I can't wait to introduce them
to Glideent the Grift!



No comments:

Post a Comment