Saturday, December 4, 2010

There are lots of Old things we don't know!


Many Many things in this world, in my state, my city, my neighborhood, heck even in my family I know not of. The stories from some of my grandparents I was never given the opportunity to hear or was so young at the time that I don't recall them now. I don't know how people survived the Great Depression and cannot fathom the poverty they lived in as our times are so filled with technology and we want for nothing. I don't know how to sew very well, how to really work just to get through everyday tasks (cooking, cleaning etc) although I can complete the tasks in approximately 15-30 minutes tops. I miss being a child for the games we would come up with just to pass the time. The simpleness of it all...many things of years past are lost or we are losing them because nowadays its all about quicker, faster, now gratification...we are missing out on seeing gardens grow and then putting those foods onto our tables. We have been given many gifts in the way God created our little planet and we are taking them all for granted. There are lots of old things that I know not of, I just hope we stop and take the time to learn/relearn some of them before they are lost forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment