Wednesday, February 9, 2011

No Sleep = No Problem with the Rosary

Well I woke up around three o'clock this beautiful morning and just could not get back to sleep. It doesn't help that I have heavy worries regarding the controversial iconfessions app for the iphone and people not having their facts straight before speaking of the TRUTH, the WAY and the LIFE...my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ as well as Church teachings. After lying in bed for about ten or fifteen minutes trying to figure out if I was going to get back to sleep or not I realized I needed to pray for a woman in particular and those who spread deceitful information to those trying to understand more fully or learn about the Catholic faith.

I started by just speaking to God and telling Him my worries as well as asking for the intercession of all the saints here on earth as well as in heaven...after a few minutes though I realized there was something more I could pray, which is always at my disposal and that is very powerful indeed. The Rosary!

I rolled out of bed and began praying and meditating as best as I possibly could...I always seem to struggle when praying the rosary by myself, I'm not sure why. I took my time and prayed one full rosary...that's five decades of Hail Mary's, seven Our Father's, six Glory Be's, six of the Fatima prayer, one Apostles Creed and one Hail Holy Queen...in about an hour. For most a rosary takes between fifteen minutes and half an hour if the Litany of Saints is also done, like I said I took my time.

About half way through I realized that my heart felt like it was softening, my worries were melting away (not the worries so much but the anxiety they were creating) and I was even more awake and focused than when I first began. I've always thought that the rosary is beautiful and is completely a meditation if one fully immerses themselves into the prayer...normally however I really struggle to get through it, maybe I try too hard to stay focused or maybe I don't trust enough to turn my needs up to God even though intellectually I know only He can solve the worlds and yes, MY problems plus that His love is forever merciful and endless. This morning though I enjoyed, thoroughly enjoyed praying the rosary. I feel on top of the world, even if its only for this short time before the family wakes and our day really begins. I think I wouldn't mind incorporating this into everyday...that is if I can always just be awakened naturally...no alarms please.

For today at least I am grateful to have the rosary and for turning to it to calm my worries and turn all of today over to the Lord's Will and not my own. If my beloved wakes with enough time maybe we'll even get Lauds in together...I'm loving that I've been able to start today in prayer. Thank you my Lord and thank you our Lady for giving us the Rosary.

Holy Mary Mother of God, pray for us.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment