Monday, February 14, 2011

Here Comes Number Three




In my previous post I spoke of the blessings we felt this past weekend...well it's not over yet.

Saturday night, unbeknownst to me, my husband had a dream that he was speaking to the other guys in the 2014 Cohort and was telling them about our being with child. At the same time I was asleep next to him and was having a dream of my own. In my dream I was walking with a Sister (a nun for those not familiar with the simple terminology) she was wearing the traditional black and white habit and I never really saw her face although I remember her hands being slightly wrinkled in age but not like I remember my grandmother's being...so she was older but more middle-aged. We were walking into what appeared to look like a classroom. I remember one window which stretched across most of one wall and then desks and chairs...a classroom. As we both crossed about halfway into the room she turned, looked at me and said, "Oh, you're pregnant." I was stunned and felt my jaw drop as my eyes shifted their gaze between her hands and my belly area, "How can you possibly know that?" I asked. "I'm not even showing yet." I was trying to figure it out since I was sure I hadn't told anyone yet. She simply placed her hands lovingly on my shoulders as she matter-of-factually said, "Ah, it's Simon Peter." Like that explained anything at all to me. I woke shortly after this all took place. (You can say we've both had baby on the brain lately) I have dreams pretty regularly and don't usually say anything about them to my husband unless it disturbs me or has me thinking about things that I normally don't concern myself with.

Sunday morning came and went with the usual church things for me and taking care of the boys for him. In the afternoon when Andy was getting our clothes ready for Mass I went into the room to spend some time with him since the boys were napping. He looked at me and said, "I dreamt you were pregnant last night." "Are you serious?!" I asked. "Yes" he said and then relayed the above information to me and I in turn shared my dream with him and we then decided that maaaaaybe we should buy a test since we were stopping for milk after Mass anyway.

Anytime I take a pregnancy test I always use the first urine of the day...and if it comes out positive then I usually take a second test before calling my OB/GYN. I know this is irrational and a bit silly but I once had a negative test read after the allotted time turn positive and the second test turn positive, so I like to err on the side of caution. Last night was tough...I tossed and turned and at midnight I had to use the ladies room so I took the first test. IT WAS POSITIVE. At six this morning I took the second test. IT WAS POSITIVE. So we are having baby number three and we are ecstatic!

Not only was this revealed to us both in a dream, but we'd been wanting another baby for a little while. It seems we're keeping about a two year gap in between each child and I enjoy the difference in age as I think it's just right. We told Hadrien, our three-year-old, first. He is just as excited as we are...at least for now. He immediately asked for a sister, I told him we would see what God gave us in about nine months. Liam doesn't get it right now, but if he's anything like his brother, and he is, then as my belly grows so will his curiosity. After this Andy and I each told our mom's and both are very excited to be Gaga & Nana again. Then of course it was time for the world to know and so we each posted it on facebook and I'm putting it on here. It may seem quick for some but we are truly blessed and we can never keep secrets that are joyous events to ourselves for long so we get it out there as quickly as possible so others can share in the joy with us.

I'm sure some of my later posts for this year will pertain to my pregnancy and I'll try to keep it gore free...no promises but I will add a caution if I think it may gross someone out...

Just a warning now though...we don't like to find out the gender until the child is pulled from my womb (this really drives my mom crazy)...there are so few surprises in life that we love keeping this one gift a surprise to the world until it arrives. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment