Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Friggin' Happiness Fairy

This morning I awoke refreshed and rejuvenated. It lasted a total of about 2.2 minutes until I showed the world I was awake and the world spit in my face, figuratively speaking of course. I let this affect my good mood for about ten or so minutes before I decided to b*tch slap the world and tell her she wasn't going to get me down today!

So far she's listened...and backed off.

I can only hope that my husband was truly reassured and if not here is a little gift for him...(hope you laugh hon)



I know we are all on a journey back home and sometimes we need to let go and laugh, live, love...that's somebody's wall art I'm sure and it sounds a little cliche but it's absolutely true. We can't always control our emotions within certain situations and sometimes our imaginations run away with us trying to keep up. Sometimes we do need to slow down, take a step back and evaluate how we are doing with ourselves and with those in our lives. Sometimes we need someone else to clarify our conclusions for us, and that's okay too.


A constant cloud over our heads is no good for anyone. We need to LAUGH at ourselves, at/with those in our lives, at all the things in life that really make no sense to anyone. We need to do this in order to heal, feel what it means to be happy, to make good and sometimes embarrassing memories. Laughing is one of the great gifts God gave us. We need to LIVE with ourselves, civilly with those around us and in our lives, doing the things we enjoy and yes some of the things we don't enjoy. We need to do this in order for God to truly reveal himself to us through our experiences of living. Through our relationships and even through the mundane day to day routines we find ourselves in. This is another great gift that God has given us freely. We need to LOVE ourselves, those in our lives, those we don't know who cross our paths, those who came before us and those who've yet to come. We need to love the world we inhabit and all of the creatures that have been placed in our care. We don't have to like all of it or the choices we or others make, but it is essential that we love the person, the creature the planet in order to keep things running smoothly and in this we also come to learn of God and our own relationship with Him. This is the GREATEST gift God has given us, without Love the others cease to exist.




So today while it started out looking rough and I had an option to roll with it and respond in turn with disgust or respond in Love and reassurance for my beloved. I hope I did a well enough job. I know at least that my day has been filled with laughter (shared with my boys), living (I rolled out of bed and have accomplished most on my to-do list), and love for my family (and my routine). Thanks to the Friggin' Happiness Fairy for making me smile and God Bless Today!

No comments:

Post a Comment