Friday, January 21, 2011

Oy Vey

Have you ever had one of those mornings where you just wish you could crawl right back under the warm covers and start the day over. Today is that day for me and Fridays are usually so joyful and carefree in my house. I get the most done on Fridays and we are all anxious for the weekend when the four of us get to be together. The boys are usually happy go lucky and full of a playful spirit...Fridays are normally Great days.

Today feels more like a Monday for me. I was awakened by my beloved at 7am and told Hadrien is on the computer, Liam's awake but barely fussing and I (he) have to go so get up. Wow. Normally this would be fine but at the same time I usually am eased into the waking up process by my three year old crawling on me or my husband saying I'm leaving and giving me a kiss. Not this morning. I've been awake for a total of ten seconds and already I'm off to a rough start.

I get up, go to the ladies and then into the kitchen to make the baby a bottle and turn on my coffee pot. As I'm doing this my husband is out the door, I didn't get my kiss before my beloved left but at least I told him to have a good day. I get the baby up and get him comfy then its a small battle to get the three year old off of the computer. He doesn't quite understand that in order to play a game you have to stay on that screen, instead he ends up opening 30+ browsers and clicking on who knows how many apps, its a wonder the thing doesn't crash on a more regular basis.

Anyway I get PBS on the television for him and he starts to settle in, but wait, he brings me his vitamins. No problem I give Hadrien his and after he pops it into his mouth I ask him to give Liam the other one. (He does-the day is looking up). I have Hadrien put the vitamins away in the cabinet and go to the other room for diapers, when I come back, 30 seconds later, Hadrien is eating cookies and has pulled out some cake mix. Joy I think. Here's battle number two. I wrestle the cookies away from him, remind him we will be having cake tomorrow for his birthday, fill the bar stool upside down on the table so he'll stay off the counters and ask if he would like eggy toast for breakfast. He says, "No, pancakes". I say ok and set to work finishing to load and start the dishwasher, then gathering ingredients, a bowl, etc. During this I realize that my beloved has once again put my coffee cup in the sink before I'm finished using it. (See I reuse my coffee cup a couple times, sometimes the whole week before giving it a thorough wash in the dishwasher) Frustrating to say the least, so I send him a text that I know he was trying to help and clear clutter (which is a daily battle) but that if it happened one more time I was seriously going to lose it.

I get the dishwasher running and Hadrien and I begin the measuring of ingredients for breakfast. He's doing well, maybe the day is really starting to look up after all. I turn to get the milk and turn back to a pile of mix on the kitchen floor and Hadrien licking the dry ingredients from a spoon *shrug* I don't get it. I ignore the mess and we finish up mixing and add blueberries for a change up. (It was that or bananas and Hadrien chose the blueberries). Momma makes the pancakes. Hadrien is pulling on me the whole time, "mom, hai pancakes, mom" repeat 50x's...I get his made first, doctor it up (butter and syrup) cut it into bite size pieces and serve. Get Liam set up in his high chair and after making another pancake serve him as well.

By this point Hadrien has pushed his plate away from him and I tell him to eat. He says, "No, Hai want milk" I said, "Not until you eat breakfast, you've already had a cup this morning" He throws a tantrum, I send him to his room. When he comes back out he refuses to eat his pancakes, I let him know there will be no other food or snacks of any kind if he doesn't eat. He attempts to get up, huffily, to the counter to finish eating and because he's being a fussy gus he falls and then screams. What can I do but comfort him and remind him we need to be careful.
Liam and I finish our breakfast, Hadrien again refuses, so be it -I'm tired of fighting over the meal and can stick by the no snacks, no problem.

All of this and its only 8:15am...I'm exhausted, I want to lay down and veg out but we have company tomorrow so I need to finish cleaning. First I have a baby bath to give and some morning dishes to get clean...maybe I'll be able to enjoy a cup of coffee before noon. Besides I get to repeat the above battle over two more meals...

Oy Vey! I want my covers, I want to restart today and if I can't restart today, I guess there's always tomorrow.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment