Saturday, January 22, 2011

Hadrien Turns Three!

Hadrien Thomas Gilliland

I can't believe it's been three years since my second son and miraculous baby came to join us in the world. After my first son Angel was lost (more on this later this year) I was told I had no chance of conceiving or carrying a baby to term ever again. After six years of trying for a baby with no results, even from the medical community, my husband and I took a trip. A pilgrimage with his mom (my mom) to Medjugorje to visit the shrine of Our Lady of Peace and to ask for our Holy Mother's intercession for a baby if it was God's will. A few weeks later after we came home we were blessed with child. Hadrien is my miracle baby...the child the doctor's said I'd never have. Three years comes and goes very fast and sometimes, usually during a tantrum, I miss him being a newborn...even though I had no idea what I was doing as a new mom. We all made it though.

Hadrien came to be through my second cesarean section which was performed by my OB/GYN Dr. Deanna Bullaro...I have to say here that I adore this wonderful woman. She knew I had wanted to try to deliver naturally, Hadrien was in no hurry to arrive though and I was left with a decision between surgery with a fill in doc whom I'd never met or surgery with my Dr. Bullaro, I chose her. She came in while they were prepping me, gave me a hug and said, "I know this isn't what you wanted, but we'll take care of you." Talk about being put at ease. I've never before nor since met a Doctor who is more concerned with patient care than the bottom line. I love her and continue to see her to this day. My Hadrien was born January 22, 2008 at 8:26 am, he was 6 pounds 15 ounces and 19 inches long. He was crying before they even truly delivered him, even before they sectioned all the fluid so he could take his first breath and I am happy to report he still has the best set of lungs and puts them to use regularly.

Before Liam was born I thought Hadrien was an easy baby...boy did I have it wrong, lol. His tantrums have changed only in respect to what they are being thrown over. The terrible two's are given new meaning once they turn into the tyrannical three's. Despite the tantrums Hadrien is a fun loving boy who loves Lightning McQueen and Thomas the Train. He is very observant and most of the time he is loving towards all members of the family. He is sensitive and requires a bit of comforting at times but is also very independent and as stubborn as his momma. His Gaga refers to him as "a bull in the china cabinet" and his Papa calls him "button pusher". Hadrien didn't get his first tooth until he was 13 months old and also started walking around the same time. He takes his time doing things and is more interested in electronics than potty training. Let me add he can work an iphone and the computer with little to no help but still wants mom and dad to dress him most of the time.

We celebrated his third birthday with a Thomas the Train theme and introduced him to his first pinata (Nino brought a pooh bear pinata, it didn't match but when Hadrien was brought home the nursery was filled with the Classic Pooh Bear everything, so it still fit). Hadrien had a blast with his cousin Stormie and was given his first swing set for the back yard, a car bean bag which he lounges in to watch movies or play games on the computer, and his very own potty chair complete with dumdum suckers as a reward and his own big boy underoos. (Again he has no interest. but we're still working on it).










Hadrien has been the healthiest in the family and the past three years have in some respects gone by far too fast for my liking. I remember bringing him home and nursing him. He had a thing for his binky which I let him get rid of at one. He loves his milk and everything that includes cheese. He has the best smile and the biggest blue eyes. He loves giving hugs and kisses most of the time and still calms down when I sing "Hush Little Baby" to him. I Love You Hadrien even when you're acting like a tyrant and I wouldn't trade you for anything other than who/what you are! I am blessed to have you as my son and hope that God grants you all that your heart desires.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY MIRACLE BOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment